Repairs and some refurbishment will go a long way on a property you have for sale. See to these convenient hacks and get ready for that offer.
1. Replace tarnished metal fixtures like doorknobs, faucets, and showerheads.
2. Install carpeting or linoleum over old flooring.
3. Repaint the walls for a cleaner and newer look. Choose neutral colors that appeal to both sexes -- white, off-white, cream, taupe, and light grays and blues are the typical go-to.
4. Instead of replacing worn wooden cabinets and cupboards, sand then down and apply wood stain with a brush for a newer, burnished look.
5. Get rid of mold in the bathroom by spraying affected areas with a mix of water, baking soda, and vinegar.
6. Instead of replacing bathroom tiles, which can be costly, spray them over with a coat of high-adhesion primer. Apply ceramic epoxy covering with a brush after the primer has dried.
7. Attend to simple gardening tasks to boost curb appeal -- mow the lawn, put up an easy-to-read house number, and plant or place potted flowers for that pop of color.
8. Update your lighting. Opt for lighting that will complement a room.
9. Buyers like having the convenience of storage spaces. Construct a simple built-in cabinet or shelf that goes well with the room.
10. And remember -- cleanliness is the first mandate of staging a home. Make sure you wipe down surfaces, get old and unneeded furniture out of the way, and sweep and mop the floors. Everything has to be dust-free and gleaming.