Successful people from all walks of life have uttered praises of this industry. Take inspiration from their words of wisdom below.
"Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd President of the United States
"A man complained that on his way home to dinner he had every day to pass through that long field of his neighbor's. I advised him to buy it, and it would never seem long again."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, author
"Landlords grow rich in their sleep ."
- John Stuart Mill, philospher and economist
"Buy land, they're not making it anymore."
- Mark Twain, author
"Everyone wants a piece of land. It's the only sure investment. It can never depreciate like a car or a washing machine. Land will double its value in ten years. In less than that. Land is going up every day."
- Sam Shepard, playwright, actor and director
"The best investment on Earth is earth."
- Louis J. Glickman, real estate investor
"Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. More money has been made in real estate than in all industrial investments combined."
- Andrew Carnegie, American industrialist
"In the real estate business you learn more about people, and you learn more about community issues, you learn more about life, you learn more about the impact of government, probably than any other profession that I know of."
- Johnny Isakson, U.S. Senator
"The major fortunes in America have been made in land."
- John D. Rockefeller, businessman and philanthropist
"It is a comfortable feeling to know that you stand on your own ground. Land is about the only thing that can’t fly away."
- Anthony Trollope, British author
"Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth."
- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
"He is not a full man who does not own a piece of land."
- Hebrew Proverb