"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest,” said Benjamin Franklin. Keep learning and further your understanding of the business -- starting with these five bestselling books about the industry.
5. Bill Bryson’s “At Home” is a quick read that follows a room-by-room tour of the author’s home. Throughout this “tour,” Bryson reflects on how everything inside the home is a microcosm of the world around us. His discourse about the domestic living space has refreshing insight on matters that most people would take for granted, but which aspiring realtors should be keen to pick up on.
4. “Buying Right” by Andrew Walker is a straightforward compilation of helpful tips and advice about residential property. Walker shares his wisdom in a no-nonsense tone, making his guide a breeze to read.
3. “The Book on Flipping Houses” by J. Scott dukes out advice on how to flip property. The author talks from experience to provide a comprehensive manual for newbies and veterans alike. Treat it as a formal introduction to the real estate business and as a field guide to the industry to boot.
2. “The Millionaire Real Estate Agent” by Gary Keller is not a gimmick. It has nuggets of real wisdom that “Chicken Soup for the Soul” author Mark Hansen and “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” author Robert Kiyosaki are raving about it. Keller makes the prospective real estate agent understand how the business works. With this book, he made a map that can take the savvy realtor toward million-dollar-success.
1. Gary Keller is at it again with “The Millionaire Real Estate Investor.” An award-winning author and real estate mogul, Keller provides a descriptive guide on how to climb the ladder of real estate success. This book has a very specific goal: to turn its readers into millionaire investors.