Monday, August 11, 2014
A coffee table is a decorating staple for any lounge.
It looks good and is practical and completes a room setting or arrangement. When it comes to furniture, buying on impulse can be a bad idea, so here are a few things to consider before breaking the bank.
1. Whether you prefer a coffee table that is sleek and streamlined, or one that is purely practical and has good lines, you need to select one that fits in the available space. A coffee table that is too large will overpower the room and take all the attention.
2. Don't assume a coffee table only has to be white, black or brown. You can select a color from your room setting and paint a coffee table as an accent, or go mad and let your coffee table shine. Add a splash of color to an all-white room - or tie up with a monochromatic color scheme. If you can't find the color you want - spray it in your choice of color from the Rust-Oleumrange.
3. Matt or gloss, choose the finish that fits in with your décor scheme. Choose a matt or satin finish for an informal or relaxed setting, or high gloss for formal rooms and modern style.You can select a colour from your room setting and paint a coffee table as an accent, or go mad and let your coffee table shine. Don't assume that it has to be black, brown or white.
4. A coffee table should be large enough to fit into a conversation setting and still have room to move around. You don't want guests banging their knees every time they sit, so take careful consideration of the size of the room and buy smaller rather than cramp the space.
5. The right height for a coffee tableall depends on the style. However, you want a coffee table that either sits at the same level as seating height, or slightly higher. Anything taller than that is better as a side table.
At the end of the day, you are the one making the choices, so choose a coffee table you like and that matches your decor.
Article courtesy of www.home-dzine.co.za