Every man deserves his own space and most dream of a sanctuary where they are free to lounge, drink and play their games in peace. This room is to be filled with all that he loves most and is interested in. Aside from serving as an escape, his man cave will serve as a place where he and his buddies can chill on a weekend night.
The look of man cave can differ from person to person but there is a common design principle behind it. Here are some essential furniture, equipment and design tips that you may want to follow when building your man cave.
1. Lounge chair – Ideally, we would all love to give him a La-Z-Boy chair, but given a specific budget, you can easily adjust with cheaper alternatives that can be bought in the mall. He can chill in complete comfort and style.
2. TV & entertainment system – Of course, every man cave needs to have a complete top-of-the-line entertainment system where he can watch his basketball games and his favourite movies with his buddies for their boys’ night out. If your husband or boyfriend is a serious gamer, you must allot space for his games and consoles as well.
3. Display shelf/ cabinet for his collectibles – May it be toys, Gundams, books or games, he takes pride in his collections. Give them a prime location where they can be exhibited and enjoyed.
4. Mini bar and fridge – Help him stock up on his favourite snacks and drinks with a cool mini bar. It need not be big, just functional. If there’s not enough room for that, opt for a small refrigerator that can easily be hidden under a desk or the TV display.
5. Sturdy computer desk – Leave him to build his own computer since he most probably has his preferred specifications. While he takes care of putting together his “dream PC,” you can make sure to give it its proper place in the room
6. Masculine colors – Unless your husband or boyfriend has a more specific theme in mind ( for example. Stars Wars or Mario Brothers), keep he color palette of the interiors neutral and masculine. Grays and blues work extremely well with any colored furniture and they look chic no matter what year it is.