Tuesday, October 7, 2014
There are more than a few homeowners that would love to have a more striking garden, but don’t like the time consuming activity of gardening.
Having a beautiful garden to look at or lounge in can be hard work, but for this who don’t have a “green thumb”, there are plenty of ideas that can create a gorgeous garden with the added effort.
If you would like a garden that is high-style yet low-maintenance, indigenous plants, cacti, and succulents. These plants require little maintenance and attention yet provide a year-round foliage and color to your modern garden.
If you’re going for a more retro look, succulents with funky shapes, textures, colors, and eye-catching forms have made a striking comeback their popularity emerged because of the following factors:
- They are slow growing and need minimal care and watering, so you don’t need to worry about them all the time.
- Most succulents can tolerate extreme climates such as the harsh summers and inclement showers; making them very adaptable and easy to grow.
If you would like to know how else you can maximize your succulents in your garden, you can consider these tips.
1. Grouping – group or mass the same succulent for the best effect. This is a simple tool for the low-maintenance gardener who wants the greatest impact with the least amount of work.
2. Repetition – Repeat the same plant in the same pot to create a striking feature. This could be in small, low bowls with succulent roses and place them by the window ledge.
3. Contrast – The succulent world has an amazing array of different textures and colors. You can add different types of succulents to add extra interest to your garden. Spiky, toothed, spongy, rounded, gold, bronze, red, green, etc. are just some of the types of succulents you can choose from.
4. Simplicity – The simple shapes and forms of many succulents can be used as a focal point in minimalist landscapes, window boxes, and pots.
5. Accessorize – Much like wearing jewelry, succulents are even more eye-catching if pair with accessories such as color pebbles, gravels, and stones of different sizes. You can also use other materials such as glass, stainless steel, and weather copper.
With a wide infinite variety of succulents today, you can sure transform your garden easily.