Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Many new homeowners are faced with the decision of whether to hire an interior designer or not. To help you with your decision, here's a list of an interior designer's roles in the design of a home.
1. When an interior designer is brought into the picture early on in the process of building your home, he or she can advise you on your house's division of rooms, according to your lifestyle needs. Awkward interior spaces with protruding columns and posts can also be avoided.
2. An interior designer knows the standard measurements for safe clearances and minimum and maximum dimensions for ergonomic and comfortable furniture pieces. This assures you that your home is safe and comfortable to dwell in.
3. Space planning is one of the specialties of an interior designer. Proper space planning will maximize space and create a practical living environment. This will make your everyday life easier to manage, and create more mileage with the same amount of space.
4. Well-versed with a wide range of design styles and trends, an interior designer can design your home with your personality and character in mind. Whether you're a couple or a big family, he or she will also be able to mix and merge your different style personalities.
5. An interior designer will also have long-standing contacts for contractors and suppliers for furnishing, furniture, etc. This will make the construction process of your home easier and more hassle-free. You might even get special discounts, accessorizing demos and other freebies. - Aislinn Kee