Every parent wishes their kids could stay young forever. Unfortunately, we haven’t discovered how to stop time yet. Until then, make the most of the precious time with your kids. One means of preserving the memories of their childhood is immortalizing their amazing artworks. Here’s how to give homage to their childhood doodles.
1. Bedazzled Frames –The easiest and the most conventional means would be simply to frame their artwork and use them as décor for the children’s room or library. If you foresee changing the art pieces often, opt for hinged frames so that you can easily replace photos inside.
2. Image transfer – Make interesting décor blocks by transferring their prints to small wood cubes. With a complete set of four pictures, you’ll have an interesting ”décor dice” to spruce up the play room.
3. Blanket pattern – For something more artsy, print and trace their doodles onto a clean, plain blanket. Use permanent fabric pen so that the ink doesn’t bleed during washing and over time. You can even apply this technique to smaller pieces like hand towels or dinner napkins.
4. T-shirt – If his painting is something that you would really love to display, why not print it onto a T-shirt so that you can wear it anywhere. Customized T-shirt printing has become quite convenient. Simply bring your print to their store and they will take care of everything. Depending on the store and size of the design, the price will range from 150 to 350 pesos.
5. Toys – If you’re an avid DIY kind of mom, you’ll find many sites online on how to make a toy plushie. With scraps of fabric, felt paper, ribbons and buttons, you can bring their doodles to life. The end product will be cute, quirky and truly one-of-a-kind.