A walk along the beach is a very relaxing experience for both children and adults. Feeling the sand between your toes and the water lapping against your feet is one that we never truly get tired of.
But once we get back into the house, the powder soft sands become a nuisance. Not only are they difficult to clean up, especially with carpeted flooring, but they do become quiet itchy once it dries and sticks to the surfaces of your home and skin.
Hence, you need an outdoor wash area where you can clean your sand-covered feet.
Here’s how to make you own cleaning bath mat using pebbles.
What you’ll need:
Bags of smooth pebbles
Waterproof contact adhesive
Rubber bath mat
1. Purchase rubber bath mats from the mall. You can buy atset for as little as P88 pesos at The Japan Home Centre and Daiso. Opt for the dark colored ones
2. Wash it and dry with a towel.
3. Choose pebbles of similar thicknesses and arrange them onto the mat. They don’t have to be placed in straight lines. Just make sure that they’re as close together as possible to provide comfortable support once you step on them.
4. Glue them onto the mat using a waterproof contact adhesive.
5. Let it dry for a couple of hours before using.
Place these interesting mats outside by the door and/or the washing area. It would be a great idea to place another mat, this
one made with soft, absorbent cushion, to help dry your feet. This non-slip mat is also great for your indoor bathrooms.